Here Are Just Three of the Treatments We Offer To Help Revitalize and Maintain Your SmileSometimes no matter what you do, you can’t prevent your teeth from becoming discolored, chipped, cracked, broken or lost. If your teeth are in a state of disrepair and you want to restore form and function to your smile visit our Thousand Oaks dental practice. One of our skilled dentists can provide you with a treatment (or two) that can enhance and restore your smile. Your smile is comprised of your teeth, gums and jaw. An unhealthy jaw can affect your dentofacial aesthetics. In other words, if you start to lose jawbone density it can give you a sunken, hollowed and aged appearance. Discolored teeth can make you self-conscious, make you uncomfortable smiling around people and make you not want to laugh and reveal your teeth.
At Our Dental Practice We Have a Range Of Treatments That Can Help You and Your Smile…Some health scientist once said that your mouth is the gateway to the rest of your body…which is an interesting way of putting it. By looking after your oral health you are also looking after the rest of your body. Harmful bacteria and inflammation that starts in your mouth can travel throughout the rest of the body causing serious harm. Like what? For instance, the link between periodontal disease and other harmful disease (such as heart attacks/disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes) that we’ve discussed in previous articles this month. Three treatments on offer at Curtis Couch D.D.S. that can help restore and refresh your smile are:
- Porcelain crowns
- Implant dentistry
1. Porcelain CrownsIs your tooth chipped, cracked or damage? Have you had a root canal or filling that has left your tooth weakened? At our dental practice we offer porcelain crowns. Porcelain crowns are an effective way to strengthen and protect a damaged or weakened tooth. And thanks to modern dentistry, porcelain crowns blend seamlessly with your natural tooth so no one will know you’ve had work done. Porcelain crowns are an incredibly reliable technique for repairing severe dental problems. They are also good for replacing missing teeth to offer complete smile and a functional bite. Benefits of porcelain crowns:
- Look completely natural
- Offer support to badly broken or misshapen teeth
- Replace missing teeth
- Fix functional chewing problems
2. Implant DentistryMissing a tooth? Aren’t sure what the best way to treat it is? Make no mistake, it is necessary for your health to replace a missing tooth. Did you know that inside a year of losing a tooth your jawbone starts to shrink? Implant dentistry is an investment in your oral health future, because there is no better way to restore the look, feel and function of your smile than dental implants. We would go so far as to say that only a natural tooth is better for your health than a dental implant. Why? Implant dentistry is a comprehensive treatment that replaces the whole tooth not just what’s visible above the gum line (the crown). This means it benefits the health of your existing teeth, your gums and your jaw.
At Curtis Couch D.D.S In Thousand Oaks The Treatment Involves Two Surgical Procedures…The first is where the implant is inserted surgically into your jawbone. For the first three to six months the implant is below the gum line bonding with your jawbone. Essentially, this means your jawbone is healing around the implant. While your jawbone is bonding to the implant your prosthetic tooth attachment will be designed. It is this that will ultimately improve the function and aesthetics of your smile.
Did You Know That The Implant Is Made From Titanium Alloy?This metal is biocompatible which means that there is next-to-no chance that your body will reject the material. After your jaw has bonded to the implant, posts will be attached to the implant and then, eventually, the prosthetic tooth will be attached to the post. This treatment can take up to 8 months to complete.
3. VeneersAre your teeth stained? Are there fine cracks and chips that you want to repair? Porcelain veneers can whiten your teeth and cover up chips and cracks. Thin ceramic shells called porcelain veneers are bonded directly to the surface of your teeth. It takes a high degree of skill to place veneers in such a way that makes them blend flawlessly with the rest of your smile. At Curtis Couch D.D.S. in Thousand Oaks our dentists routinely place veneers and design each case to match and enhance each patient’s unique smile. Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Highly resistant to coffee, tea and cigarettes
- Resemble healthy, white tooth enamel
- Brighten your smile for over a decade