3 Treatments That Are Good Not Just For Your Oral Health But Your Overall Health TooIt’s no secret people avoid the dentist. There are those with dental phobia, those who think they can manage and those who see it as a luxury instead of important for their health. Dental phobia is not cowardice. It’s a legitimate phobia that may have been caused by a bad dental visit or just the sight of all that metal in such close proximity to your mouth. Oh yes, and the noises. With the help of modern dental sedation, we can help you through your dental phobia. At Curtis R. Couch D.D.S. in Thousand Oaks we offer nitrous oxide to anxious patients who need treatment. Nitrous oxide (also known as laughing gas) is a way to safely help you relax and stay comfortable during treatment. This form of sedation allows you to be in control of your body and breathe normally. The benefits of nitrous oxide are:
- Inhalation sedation is safe: there are no side-effects on the heart or lungs
- Inhalation sedation minimizes gagging
- We are able to adjust the strength of the sedation at any time
- It is fast acting, within 2-3 minutes you’ll feel relaxed and the pain killing properties will have kicked in
3 Dental Treatments That Can Save Your Oral Health…Here at Curtis R. Couch D.D.S. in Thousand Oaks we provide our patients with a range of dental treatments to help maintain, improve and restore your smile to its healthy beautiful self. Our expert and friendly team here at our Thousand Oaks dental practice excel in providing patients with the best treatment and care available using the latest technology and techniques.
1. Implant DentistryThere is no better way to replace a missing tooth. In fact, the only thing better than dental implants are your natural teeth. Dental implants replace the tooth root providing stability and strength for a prosthetic tooth. Not only that, but the artificial tooth root is also beneficial for the health of your jaw and face. This treatment takes around 6-8 months and has a lifetime of beneifts!
2. Crowns and BridgesCrowns protect your teeth from further damage. If your teeth are:
- You’ve had a root canal treatment
- Particularly large filling that has significantly weakened a tooth