Man on probation after knocking out two teethA brawl which ended with a man punching out two teeth of another man while defending a friend has landed him on probation and set to pay for the $500 medical bill that followed. The single blow to the face knocked out two teeth completely, leaving the man a bloody, swollen mess.
The risk of tooth lossIf left untreated, tooth loss can lead to periodontal disease and decay, along with teeth becoming crooked as the remaining teeth try to bridge the gap left by missing teeth. Missing teeth directly affect self-esteem, as it impinges on the look of your smile and unbalances the facial aesthetics. Other consequences of leaving your smile incomplete include:
- Problems speaking
- Problems chewing or swallowing
- Anxiety and low self-esteem
- Still jaw and difficulty relaxing
- Other teeth weaken due to less support
Fix your smile with Dr. Couch at Thousand Oaks…At Curtis R. Couch DDS located in Thousand Oaks, California, we understand the emotional distress of losing a tooth and handle all cases individually with care and concern. Our goal is to help you achieve your perfect smile, which is why we utilize different treatments for tooth loss.
At our Thousand Oaks clinic, for tooth loss treatments we offer:
- Dental crowns: To permanently fix teeth and allow for functional bite
- Dental bridges: Used to attach a new, replica tooth adjoined to two other teeth for a more natural look.
- Dental implants: Used to allow lifelong permanent use without worry of breakage or loosening.