As one of the greatest advancements in orthodontics to date, Invisalign offers patients a removable and virtually transparent alternative to traditional metal braces.
For many years, patients have put off seeking treatment to correct their smile due to an aversion to traditional metal braces. With the advent of Invisalign this has all changed, as it offers a removable and virtually transparent alternative the fits a patient’s lifestyle unlike any system seen before.
How does Invisalign work?
In contrast to traditional orthodontic systems that use wire and brackets to straighten patient’s smiles, Invisalign utilizes a series of transparent aligners in order to gently move teeth into position. At our dental practice located in Thousand Oaks, we will give you your first set of aligners and you will return to our practice every few weeks to upgrade your aligners to the next set in the series.
Who is Invisalign suitable for?
Invisalign is most suitable for patients who have minor overcrowding and do not wish to undertake full orthodontic treatment. It can be a great solution for busy professionals as the aligners can be removed for important meetings and events. Furthermore, Invisalign has been a popular solution amongst celebrities such as Justin Beiber and Katherine Heigl, as this orthodontic system is virtually invisible to those around you.
What are the benefits of the Invisalign system?
Invisalign offers a range of benefits over traditional orthodontic systems: • The system can be easily removed at any time
• Patients can maintain their regular oral hygiene routine by simply removing their aligners
• Unlike traditional systems, no diet restrictions apply
• Aligners can be removed for photographs
• Unlike braces, there are no wires or brackets to irritate your gums
• The aligners can even be used to deliver professional teeth whitening gel It is important to note that your aligners must be worn most hours of the day every day, and your diligence (or lack thereof) will have a dramatic impact on your treatment times and overall outcomes achieved. To find out more about the Invisalign system, or to arrange an appointment at our dental practice located in Thousand Oaks, please contact us.