Dental implants are a revolutionary restorative dental treatment that can help solve your tooth loss for the long-term…Have you lost one tooth or even multiple teeth and are looking for the best possible solution that will give you not only a beautiful smile but allow you to eat, chew, speak and laugh with confidence? Loose, wobbly dentures are no longer the sole solution to partial or total tooth loss, as our mouths have evolved since their introduction over 50 years ago. Our narrower mouths crave for a more comfortable, stable solution and dental implants have revolutionised the way we can treat tooth loss.
So what are dental implants?Dental implants are essentially tiny titanium screws that are inserted into the jawbone material at the site of the tooth loss. This is done so that whilst the jawbone heals over a period of months, it begins to accept the screw as part of the patient’s biological makeup; ultimately fusing with the implant to create a durable foundation. By doing this, our dental professional Dr. Curtis Couch can utilize the dental implant procedure to give his patients a restoration that is strong, powerful and completely functions just like a natural tooth! This procedure for dental implants is highly effective and has an extremely high success rate, as all patients are considered for ideal candidacy prior to the treatment.
They create a strong foundation, but what else do dental implants offer me?Dental implants have become extremely popular for adults who have suffered partial or total tooth loss, and often choose this treatment over traditional solutions such as dentures or bridges. This is due to the implant’s advanced technology and ability to fuse with the jawbone, which not only creates a stable foundation but also:
- Stimulates the jawbone that would otherwise dissolve with untreated tooth loss
- Helps to preserve facial structure and soft tissue support such as the cheeks and lips
- Creates a powerful tooth alternative that functions just like a natural tooth
- Helps patients to rediscover their comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh and enjoy life
- Helps patients to regain the ability to function normally
A solution that’s flexible to your lifestyle so you don’t have to be!If you have suffered from tooth loss, other alternatives may provide total esthetics but will not help you reclaim the feel, form and function of a natural tooth as dental implants do. A lost tooth creates a substantial imbalance within the mouth, and if left untreated can cause issues such as:
- Teeth shifting in an attempt to close the gap
- An incomplete cleaning surface making teeth more difficult to clean, which results in a higher risk of tooth decay and periodontal disease
- Jawbone resorption (where the bone dissolves because there is no longer a tooth root present to stimulate it) which can lead to bone loss and further tooth loss